Friday, December 18, 2009

Busy before Christmas



I managed to get my three packages of Christmas presents UPSed off yesterday. It was such a hassle finding boxes (UPS wouldn't accept one of them in a liquor store box), getting everything wrapped and packed and out the door. But I am glad I persevered and got it done, because for the first time in several years, all my packages are supposed to arrive BEFORE Christmas. It would be much easier if everyone would just move to Kansas!

The Applibee's, my small group, met on Wednesday for our Christmas Party. Here is a picture of the group (minus me and Tammy) before lunch. We met at Janet's house, which was beautifully decorated for Christmas. I especially enjoyed her Christmas tree - since I don't have one this year. From left to right are Susan, Connie, Betty, Janet and Lynn.


I appliqued down the last snow blob on my wall hanging this morning. Now comes the fun part, the quilting! I have it all figured out in my head. I think about it at night as I'm falling asleep, or when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep.



If all goes well I want to enter this quilt in the IQA show in Chicago and the deadline is coming up in January.





1 comment:

  1. 'quilting ...... my ..... favorite ......... part.......' aieeeeeeeeee just reading that statement gave me the willies.

    But I'm very glad to hear that my Christmas package from you is heading my way. As for my package to you...... can you say, 'UPS Three Day Air'?

    ReplyDelete