Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Alien things


My guild, Prairie Quilt Guild, is getting ready for our big biennial quilt show at the end of this month.  I am madly trying to finish up two more customer quilts that are entered in the show and get my own quilts ready as well.  This year there are three featured quilters, all of whom design their own quilts and I was honored to be chosen as one of them.  So I have a pile of my quilts to get ready, some need hanging sleeves and all need cleaning up.  (Cat hair, you know)  I'll be posting more about our show.



I like this quilt, although I can see that my binding and quilting skills have improved since I made it!  As an old musician, it sort of reminded me of a treble clef sign, so I named it Alien Clef Sign.

To continue with the alien theme, here are some bizarre allium blooming in my garden.  They seem to be happy there and have seeded themselves in the gravel driveway.


1 comment:

  1. Wow Jan, that quilt is amazing...the quilting really makes the design pop! Love it and congratulations on being a featured quilter at your up coming show!

    ReplyDelete