Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring quilts and Wichita weirdness



Sylvia made this quilt out of some tea towels that were a wedding gift years ago.  She said she had never used them, they just stayed in a drawer.  She did a wonderful job of choosing fabrics and designing this little quilt.





This cute paper pieced dog wall hanging was made by Susan.  The same designer also made a paper pieced cat wall hanging which I own the pattern for but have never gotten up the courage to make.  This turned out so cute that I may have to dig up that pattern and try it.







It's so pretty and springish out - the trees are leafing out and flowering, bulbs are blooming and the temperatures are warming up.   Our neighbor Mary is one of those people whose yard is always incredibly neat and tidy, I swear she vacuums it.  She was the first in the neighborhood to mow her lawn yesterday.  Meanwhile, Peter is cursing our lawn which is starting to grow, that means it's time for his least favorite of chores.  Gotta keep up with Mary!


On a visit to a Wichita shopping mall I saw this store:




How about a red car coffin? Is this a new trend or just a Wichita weirdness?

7 comments:

  1. Your quilting is wonderful. I love everything about that first quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilting that you did on the Tea Towel quilt. The dog quilt is both awesome piecing and quilting.
    As for the car casket, it is pretty cool, but I haven't seen anything like it before.
    Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the feathery quilting on the tea towel quilt and the bones on the dog quilt. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilted-in bones! Hey, tell Peter you need to get a few chickens. You can get a movable 'ark' and have them graze the lawn, in sequence. After all these years of being lawnless, I am almost wishing I had some for my girls.
    I'm not so sure about the coffin store. Do people still get buried in those things? Me, I'm for the compost pile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilts and your quilting are wonderful!

    The casket, yes, weird as far as I'm concerned. I'm still finding it a little strange to have a casket store in the local mall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would you mind sharing the name of the pattern maker? I would love to get my hands on one of her patterns! Love love love the dogs! (and the quilting too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How weird is it that the casket store is across the hall from JoAnn Fabrics..I always try not to pay attention when I walk out. I must say its quite un~nerving. Not something I want to think about after I've gone way over budget in the Fabric Store. I guess I won't really worry about it until I see my hub in there shopping. =)

    ReplyDelete