Friday, August 3, 2012

A little bit more



It turns out that I still have a few customer quilts left to do; I told several people I would finish their quilts after our quilt show. This is Marilyn's little applique quilt. It's almost a wholecloth with a little applique!





It's crib quilt size and Marilyn said she was making quilts for great grand children that she doesn't have yet!  She liked the way this one turned out and says she may keep it for herself after all.







I have a new iPhone which has taken me weeks to figure out.  I took pictures of the set up for my guild quilt show with the phone and then couldn't figure out how to download them.  So here they are a month after  the show!  Here is the building all ready for the quilts.  The quilt racks were set up for us and the guild members hung the quilts.  (over 600 of them)







Quilts being sorted after drop off early in the day.








The quilts start to go up.











This shows the size of the building a little better, it is 93,000 square feet and our show fills it up pretty well, with quilts and  vendors.  This is the venue for next year's MQS.








6 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt and beautiful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby quilt is wonderful, I can certainly understand wanting to keep it for herself, your quilting is perfect!
    I love seeing all the behind the scenes shots of your quilt show. So much work but so worth it.
    Have a great day.
    Always Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's absolutely beautifull. You did such a nice job with the quilting on her quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous quilting on that quilt - beautiful quilt to begin with, too!

    ReplyDelete