Sunday, November 18, 2012

I can't believe I'm doing this




I'm still slogging along on my wholecloth. Once I had finished about 3/4 of the quilting I took the quilt off my longarm and pinned it to my design wall. I realized one part of the design wasn't working - just too much thread.  It overwhelmed the rest of the quilt.  So I have been picking it out for the last two weeks!  I must be insane. It should all be out by Thanksgiving and I know it will be a better quilt for all this picking. 

I'll eventually post before and after pictures and you can tell me if I did the right thing!

6 comments:

  1. Bummer. Sometimes it's required.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah....two weeks! I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not happy for you, but glad to know I am not the only one who picks quilting out. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanksgiving Thursday; hope you have success in eliminating your mess of thread. Blessed turkey day to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like some pretty pickings there! Can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally, I would have put this quilt in the very back of a deep, dark closet, to punish it for a very long time, and moved on to something more fun. You are made of sterner stuff than I!

    ReplyDelete