Thursday, June 27, 2013

They come in threes





I finished another appliqued quilt, this one for Trudy.  She wanted a leafy vine so I did a leafy version of feathers around the border.


I considered using metallic thread but Trudy said she likes green and it looks pretty dramatic on the dark blue background.  I like the way the crosshatching softens the blocks from a distance.






Trudy did a lot of three-dimensional applique and beading which looks cool up close.






I have another appliqued quilt on my longarm now, they must come in threes -  just like my orange cats!


6 comments:

  1. Your corner quilting from a distance looks like piecing!!! Another wow moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like a whole bunch what you did on this quilt. Very striking. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so now they're really your three cats? LOL Face it, word is out in the cat world about your gracious hospitality.

    Seriously, I know Trudy's going to love the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilting. I really like the crosshatching!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I like the cross hatching, looks a bit like cobwebs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do indeed love it. Your talent never ceases to amaze me. Thank you Jan, Trudy

    ReplyDelete