Monday, December 16, 2013

A Merry Christmas quilt








This is Ann's Christmas quilt.  I like that it has an understated Christmas look to it.  Ann's quilts are fun to do - her workmanship is excellent, she likes wool batting and she lets me loose to do lots of quilting.  She used a green flannel for the backing so this is a very warm snuggly quilt.



 
 
 
 
 





It's always a challenge to come up with a quilting design for a busy border fabric.  My usual choice is something like a piano key border - just plain straight lines, but I tried something more complicated on this quilt and like the way it turned out.









I've been working on a huge time-consuming quilt since my last post but decided to wait to post pictures until the customer picks up the quilt after Christmas.  It's an amazing quilt, so check back later!







5 comments: