Sunday, February 23, 2014

Trudy's flamingo






This is Trudy's flamingo quilt - I think she did a wonderful job on it.  She used a picture she took at the zoo as inspiration.





 
 
 
 


She was inspired by the quilts and book of Susan Carlson,  you can see Susan's work here.  I would love to take a class from her some day.




I don't usually use variegated thread but I think it looks pretty in the border here.  I was trying to make these look like stylized leaves but they look suspiciously like feathers.




 
 
 







Trudy chose her fabrics well to show the reflection in the water.










Trudy is going to be brave and enter this quilt in our guild's judged show this year, she has never entered the judged portion of the show before.  It's about time!







2 comments:

  1. Flo the flamingo is looking great! I think she'll do well at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt looks like a prize winner to me, for the Maker and the Quilter. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete